I need to schedule reminders to remind myself to update this blog! Perhaps I could get a volunteer to nag me about my neglected blog? LOL
These paintings are of my late grandmother's house and of St. Augustine Church, a mere mile away from the house. Both are special to me, and are commissioned paintings by my father. Since my family moved alot while I was a child, Grandmom's house was the constant in my life; in addition, now that Grandmom is gone, I still feel close to her when I am in this house. The church is also important, as my parents were married there, I was baptized there, my husband and I were married there, and we will both end up there (Yes, I've secured two burial plots in the church's cemetery!). Too much information? LOL!
The church is nearly finished:
These paintings are of my late grandmother's house and of St. Augustine Church, a mere mile away from the house. Both are special to me, and are commissioned paintings by my father. Since my family moved alot while I was a child, Grandmom's house was the constant in my life; in addition, now that Grandmom is gone, I still feel close to her when I am in this house. The church is also important, as my parents were married there, I was baptized there, my husband and I were married there, and we will both end up there (Yes, I've secured two burial plots in the church's cemetery!). Too much information? LOL!
The church is nearly finished:
No comments:
Post a Comment